The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to programme safe and effective physical activities for adolescents, taking into account the physiological changes associated with their development and an understanding of the psychological and social issues faced by adolescents.
Learners will cover:
- The specific anatomy, physiology and nutritional needs of adolescents and how they relate to physical activities, exercise and fitness.
- How to adapt physical activities and exercises for adolescents.
- How to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective physical activity sessions to adolescents.
- The legal and professional requirements for working with adolescents.
This course is suited to those who wish to progress their career in the Health & Fitness Industry.
Candidates who hold Active IQ’s Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym or Exercise to Music or equivalent), and wish to develop their knowledge, skills and competence to instruct an alternative discipline.
Individuals who wish to change careers and seek a highly recognised and respected qualification.
Exercise and Fitness enthusiasts who wish to work with adolescents.
Individuals currently working as Fitness Instructors who have few or no relevant qualifications.
Learners must hold a level 2 in one of the following:
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Certificate in Leading Health Related Activity Sessions.