Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology covering the heart and circulatory system, the respiratory system, structure and function of the skeleton, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- Employment law, industry specific legislation and procedures that apply to their jobs
- The subsectors that make up the active leisure and learning sector
- An understanding of the principles of customer service An understanding of the benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle
- How to plan and prepare group exercise sessions
- How to programme a variety of safe and effective exercise sessions for a range of clients
- How to instruct a variety of exercise sessions
This qualification is aimed at learners who want to work in the health and fitness industry.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, however learners should have an interest in sport and exercise.