This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (e.g. classroom, training environment).
Learners will cover:
- the principles and requirements of assessment
- different types of assessment method
- how to plan and carry out assessments, involving learners and others
- providing appropriate feedback following assessment
- quality assurance of the assessment process
- legal and good practice requirements
Learners for this qualification must be aged 19 and above and have access to learners (candidates), who are on a vocationally-related training programme, and who they will be able to assess in the training environment.