The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
Learners will cover:
- Key guidelines and principles of nutrition
- The relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Collecting, analysing and utilising nutritional information
- The principles of nutritional goal setting with clients
- Providing nutritional advice in line with nationally recommended best practice
This course is suited to those who wish to progress their career in the Health & Fitness Industry.
For those who hold other Health & Fitness qualifications who wish to develop their own knowledge and be able to offer additional services to their clients.
For candidate who wish to give themselves an extra edge to gaining clients and ensuring that clients can achieve their goals, whether they be recreational trainers or competitive level.
None, however, it is recommended that learners have completed a CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing in the context of gym-based exercise or equivalent.