Learners will cover:
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise and Health, covering:
- Bones and joints
- Muscles and muscle actions
- Cardiovascular and respiratory system
- Components of fitness
- Fitness Testing and Assessment
- Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- How to Support Clients who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
- Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
- Programming Personal Training with Clients
- Delivering Personal Training Session
- Training Clients Using a Range of Equipment
This course is suited to those who wish to progress their career in the Health & Fitness Industry. Choosing to become a Personal Trainer is the first step to career that is fulfilling, flexible and financially rewarding. It's a career where no two days are the same and you are your own boss.
Learners must have completed a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing in the context of gym- based exercise.
Overall Course Modules
Module 1: Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology
Module 2: Level 3 Principles of Nutrition
Module 3: Level 3 Programming & Delivery for Personal Training (Including Fitness Assessment)
Each module can be studied independently and is a stand-alone qualification in itself if not all modules wish to be studied at one time. Students may come back and top up modules bit by bit over number of years if this is their preference.
NB. Level 2 Qualification must be achieved prior to study of any Level 3 Qualifications.