This course is suited to individuals who are looking to work within the fitness industry as a fitness instructor. The course qualifies students to be able to perform gym inductions, programme design and general supervision of the gym environment.
Learners will cover:
- Exercise and fitness knowledge, covering:
- Bones and joints
- Muscles and muscle actions
- Cardiovascular and respiratory system
- Components of fitness
- How to plan and teach safe and effective exercise sessions
- The principles of training
- How to adapt exercise to suit varied fitness levels
- How to use a range of teaching skills
- The body's systems and its response to exercise
- Health and safety factors
- How to motivate and support clients
This course is suited to those who wish to pursue a career in the fitness industry as a gym or fitness instructor. This qualification gains access straight into employment, and can be used to gain work on a part time basis while studying, as part of a gap year or for those wishing to pursue full time employment. The course is a foundation upon which candidates can progress onto becoming fitness class instructors, such as spinning, circuits, exercise to music, aqua, and many others. It is also a prerequisite for those wishing to continue on and pursue a career as a personal trainer. Candidates must be 15 years old on the date of assessment to study on the course.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, however learners should have an interest in sport and exercise.