This qualification underpins the role of a personal trainer and is aimed at learners already working within the health and fitness industry. It allows learners to prove competence through demonstration of their knowledge and skills when working with individuals and groups of clients in a work-based personal training setting.
The qualification may also appeal to employers who wish to upskill their work force so they are fully competent in the workplace.
Learners will cover:
- anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- designing, managing and adapting a personal training programme
- motivating and communicating effectively with clients
- programming safe and effective exercise for a range of client
- the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- applying the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- planning, marketing and selling services to clients
- health, safety and welfare
There are no pre-requisite qualifications. We will conduct an interview to ensure suitability for the course..