Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- The heart and circulatory system
- The respiratory system
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Musculoskeletal system
- Postural and core stability
- The nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range inclusive
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise and physical activity for children or at those already running such sessions without a formal qualification.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, however learners should have an interest in sport and exercise.