Learners will cover:
- How to design and teach safe and effective group training sessions
- The principles of warm up, the aerobic curve and cool down
- Working with limited equipment
- Motivating participants
- A variety of group teaching skills
- How to respond to health and safety issues
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to design and deliver safe and effective group training sessions.
CYQ recommends a pre-requisite qualification of Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) or any qualification within the Physical Activity Advisor category on REPs, for example Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking. This qualification does not provide entry to REPs.